Tuesday, March 29, 2011

first post: so who's this "fjalar" guy??

this is it, my first post.

out there everyone starts with introduction, and i guess, so do i.

my real name (can be seen over there in that "about me" box) isn't really "fjalar". "fjalar" is an icelandic name, which i found sounding very ticklishly good in my ears so i decided to use it as my nicks almost everywhere. 

so why icelandic?

actually i am an indonesian, live in jakarta and commute a horribly long way from home to campus to and fro. back when i was in my second year of high-school i heard the ever-famous icelandic electronica singer björk for the very first time and i instantly fell in love with her and her music. i also saw the video clip for her song "jóga" which i assume was about her icelandic heritage, and the graphics shown in the video depicts icelandic natural beauty.
then i started to search things about iceland and also "took a peek" to the icelandic language which i found ridiculously beautiful, then i made going to iceland is one of my lifetime goal and start adopting "fjalar" as my nickname.

so what does this "fjalar" do? 

actually i have started a blog somewhere not here. there i was just another diarist mumbling over the worldwide web. i study foreign languages, and there i am, reading about conjugation and declension and suddenly get an insight and be able to relate what i learn with the events of my real life... how is that even possible? i can't really tell, but that's what i have been posting down there at my another blog. plus weird observations about culture and bragging of my vegetarianism, and (seriously) amateur(-ish) review on music. and maybe i'll do that here, too. :D 

and what language does this "fjalar" speaks? 

i am an indonesian, thus my native language is indonesian language. but i have been exposed to anglophone media since i was like four. so i speak english a lot. i feel very comfortable writing blog entries in (spoken style) english. but i'll post mostly in my native indonesian, for, heaven knows, if my prof happens to drop by and read things, he will think i do not appreciate my native language and heritage. hello there, sir. :P the bad thing is, i'll mix up many, many, many foreign words in my indonesian writing. i fail a lot of time in my indonesian language class.

i just wish i won't abandon this blog much.



No comments:

Post a Comment